1000 Yard World Championship
Black Powder Cartridge Rifle, Vintage Sniper Rifle and
Black Powder Muzzle Loading Rifle
Presented as part of the AZWINS Sponsored by the Arizona Muzzle Loaders Association
MARCH 9th-10th -11th, 2020
Ben Avery Shooting Facility, Phoenix, Arizona
A SPECIAL LONG RANGE BLACK POWDER TARGET RIFLE MATCH
The purpose of this match is to establish the WORLD’S BEST long range BPTR, Vintage Sniper Rifle, and BPML shooters. BPCR rules will apply for the match and the equipment. Any sight and any BPCR rifle, Vintage Sniper rifle (CMP Rules apply), (Black Powder or Pyrodex Style Substitute Only).
1. COURSE OF FIRE: Each daily match consists of 30 shots for score, all fired at 1000 yards on three separate relays. Each competitor will be paired and allowed 60 minutes to fire 3 sighting shots and 10 shots for record for each pair and each relay. CMP Sniper rule 6.2.1 applies for Vintage Sniper rifles. Shot from cross-sticks or sling. Vintage Sniper rifle shooter can use range-provided sandbags. The first shot on paper will be considered the first sighter.
2. Four shooters per target.
3. Competitors will alternate pulling targets. We will try to have target pullers available for you to hire for those who cannot physically do this function. Don’t forget your radios! E-Z Ups recommended.
4. AWARDS: There will be certificate awards for the individual daily matches. A special World Champion Award will go to the Competitor with the highest aggregate score over the course of the match.
5. EQUIPMENT: Single shot Black Powder Only target rifles. Any period correct sight allowed that meets current BPTR rules, iron or scope. Tollofson rifles are included. Vintage Sniper Rifles (CMP Rule 6.2.1 applies). Separate class for Muzzle Loading Rifles. Wrist rests w/slings or cross sticks may be used for support along with canvas shooting jackets. (Benches allowed for those needing them-competitor provides the bench))
6. PRACTICE: No Practice day is scheduled given the preceding matches.
7. AWARDS AND LUNCH: Following the competition on the 10th lunch will be provided and the award certificates will be distributed. This will take place at the Berger Bullets 1000 yard building.
8. MATCH FEES: $115.00 Entries close 3-1-2020 ($20.00 late fee after 3-1-2020). Entries limited to the first 48 shooters.
TO PAY ENTRY FEES USE www.arizonamuzzleloading.com
FOR QUESTIONS AND INFO CONTACT:
Bill Loughrige (480) 223-8034